What to do in severe pain after exercise - Freelancerroni

What to do in severe pain after exercise

DOMS is delayed onset muscle soreness, which means standing up, severe muscle pain as a result of gym or strenuous physical exercise. There is a slight pain in the muscles after exercise, which is normal and it goes away after rest. But the pain starts six or seven hours after DOMS exercise and lasts for two to three days. Swelling can occur in addition to severe pain in the muscles. In some cases the movement of the joint may be reduced. Often the muscles in the thighs, shoulders or neck, back or waist can become stiff.

This is very painful for those who have just started a new exercise. And also painful for athletes.


 What to do?

Massage: Massage works well within the first 24 hours of the onset of pain. However, there must be expert massage. It is best if you can do it yourself. This is called self massage. Pain muscles can be massaged with oil or lotion with light pressure.

Cold or hot soak: Studies have shown that the pain is usually relieved by taking a bath in cold water or immersing the whole body in ice in the bathtub for 10 to 15 minutes. The cold temperature should be 10-15 degrees Celsius.

On the other hand, hot soaking in the muscles that have pain accelerates blood circulation and relieves the pain.

Stretching: Stretching is effective in relieving muscle pain. Gradually stretch each joint. When stretching, you have to wait for 5 to 10 seconds in the position where the muscles seem to be getting stiff or obstructed. This has to be done 10 times. Do not pull too hard, it can hurt the muscles.

Author, Physiotherapy Consultant, PTRC

8 comments

Anonymous said...

I loved aas much as you'll receive carried out right here.
The sketch is attractive, yoir authored material stylish.
nonetheless, you command gget got an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following.
unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case
you shield this increase.

Freelancerroni said...

জীবনের কিছু বাস্তব কথা

Anonymous said...

you're in reality a just right webmaster. The web site loading speed is amazing.
It sort of feels that you're doing anyy distinctive trick.In addition, Thee contents are masterpiece.

you have performed a excellent process in this topic!

Anonymous said...

Having read this I thought it was rather enlightening.
I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put this informative article together.

I once again find myself spending a lot of tikme
both reading and posting comments. But so what, it was stilkl worth it!

Anonymous said...

Peculiar article, just what I was looking for.

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I know this is kinda ooff topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
Would youu bbe interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog
post or vice-versa? My website discusses a lot of the same topics
as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from
each other. If you are interested feel free to sebd me an email.
I look forward to hearing from you! Fantastic blog bby tthe way!

Anonymous said...

Heya! I understand this is sort of off-topic however I neerded to ask.

Does operating a well-established blog such as yours require a masxive amout work?
I'm brand new to running a bkog howerver I do write
in mmy diary daily. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my personal experience and thoughts online.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for new aspiring bloggers.
Appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Many thanks, However
I am experiencing difficulties with your RSS. I don't understand why I can't subscribe to it.
Is there anybody else getting the same RSS issues? Anyone that knows the solution will you
kindly respond? Thanks!!

Powered by Blogger.